Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Online Ordering?

My first experience with ordering food online was through a certain pizza place and I’ve ordered pizza online ever since. I just found it more convenient than calling because I could look at the latest menu while placing my order and there was less of a chance of an employee misinterpreting what I wanted.

Since then, other types of restaurants have added online ordering to their forms of serving the customer. For instance, Chipotle now accepts orders ahead of time from their mobile app. Anyone who’s ever been to Chipotle knows that there can be a long line between you and delicious burrito goodness, but the app allows you to cut right through the line.

I particularly like when there is a feature that tracks the status of your order. Domino’s has one of the best order tracking feature by far (see image). Am I the only one that wants more types of businesses to provide this feature? Sometimes, it can be a real waste of time to go to the store. Sometimes, I don’t even have time to go to the store. I want grocery and retail stores to start offering delivery services straight from the store.

Wal-Mart is going to start testing something like this. The items won’t be delivered to your house, but they will be stored in a physical locker after your order is placed. This at least allows one to bypass the check-out line, which is notoriously long at many Wal-Marts across the country.

Am I the only one who wants this? Am I being lazy? Sound off in the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment